1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Beware of fraudsters and such

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ALBundy, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALBundy

ALBundy Founding Member

The committee is posting this under the Announcement Section to ensure all members are aware that there is a fraudster plying his trade in this forum. Please exercise care and caution when you are buying/selling stuffs. Another word of advice is not to simply part with your cash until you have the product/goods with you and also verify the origins of it. If its stolen goods, you may have trouble with the authorities. Last but not least, BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!Conman that cheated one of our members and got caught recently. Nickname BMW Maniac.http://planet.time.net.my/BukitBintang/poweredge/

2. E46Fanatic

E46Fanatic Club Guest

Thanks for the warning.. Glad to see the post up warning club member to be more careful. How come the orignal post on the cheat case against BMWManiac was removed btw? Good for the rest to read bout his modus operandi.

3. 2cents

2cents Club Guest

In warning us about this matter, committee members I thank you all for your care & concern. :eek:k:

4. ALBundy

ALBundy Founding Member

E46fanatic, well his modus operandi is something like collect the cash, then using the excuse that the laptops/goods is in his warehouse somewhere in the complex and off he disappears! Or after the transaction, few days later come and collect the equipment/product on the pretext that there is some faults and he will offer a better one. Of course that will the last time you see your laptop and etc. All I can say is beware and exercise plenty of caution when you are dealing with strangers even though some of them who frequent this forum unless you know them personally.

Cheers!

5. Unique

Unique Club Guest

Thank you so much :)

I actually talked to him before but luckily he didnt sell me anything, maybe was not the right time for him to take any action on me B) He told me the different name from the IC and he said he is chinese. :aggressive:

Anyway, is good to inform everyone here to be more careful. ;) :eek:k:

6. faridd

faridd Club Guest

Thank you for the info guys.

7. svelte

svelte Club Guest

Thanks for the reminder... :yes:

8. Lee36328

Lee36328 Club Guest

Guys and gals,

just a comment from me, saja nak menyibuk...

Common sense dictates we should exercise caution when dealing with an unknown party in any transaction, esp those involving cash upfront, taking goods back for warranty, etc...

Only deal with people you know, or introduced and trusted by other friends.

The signs were there... a newbie popped up in this forum out of the blue, and started selling stuff... beware of this trend from now on...

At least, see if the newbie shows up at TT's with an actual udm he claims to own (in this case, e90)... note down his car reg plate... check out his story (where he works, name card, etc...)

Sad to say, these are precautions we need to take in these day and age... times are bad, so buyer beware...

9. saat

saat Club Guest

Lee,

Whilst I do agree with you that caution is the best approach, but one cannot let caution paralyse us into complete distrust of allcomers.

Friends or acquitances starts by being unknowns whom we let into our trust.

Me and many others have sold stuff to once complete strangers within this forum.

I remembered an incident where I was attacked and berated by a driver whom I had just stopped to warn that his rear door was open with his little child in the rear seat. My parting word of advise to him was: "Have a little faith in mankind".

There will be many out there who will missuse this trust but there are more of us good hearted people out there.

10. Fuhrer

Fuhrer Club Guest

saat,
    thats just plain sad man!! where are these ppl brought up at?

11. wolverine

wolverine Club Guest

Got 2 agree wif u man!

B)

12. Lee36328

Lee36328 Club Guest

13. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

I echo everyone's sentiment here and hope no one is victim to this disgusting acts again cos it can feel really eeeky to get conned.

The great thing though about this forum is a lot of us know each other or some people in the forum from the TTs, HHs and other gatherings. It's good for us to counter-check with other friends in the forum b4 doing business transactions. Further, if a con-man or untrustworthy character is roaming around the forum and is discovered by anyone, all forummers should be alerted about it like how Albundy has done. Given there should be a proper channel, perhaps alert the committee first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.