1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Are Malaysian Assembled Cars More Unrelaible??

Discussion in 'BMW Talk' started by Rick1, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

Looking for some feedback from the BMW owning community. I had a German assembled E60 525i for 3 years and had very little issue with it apart from the usual age related items.
    I now run a Malaysian assembled F10 528i, there is always something wrong/broken on it. So far it has had suspension issues, ECU issues, Navigation issues, the air con is weak, the headlight filled with water.

Is it just my car or are Malaysian assembled units unreliable?

2. seelianglim

seelianglim New Member

i cannot generalize but my CRV (locally assembled?) is absolutely solid and strong after 7 yrs while my 1 series (locally assembled) had issues with the fuel float, engine check lights, glue undone from the fabric on the door

3. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

Hi Seelianglim,

Many thanks for your update, it would appear that I have a "Friday afternoon" car. It is really disappointing to have so many issues after my old car was quite trouble free. Here's hoping that the issues will not come back.

Thanks once again for your comments

4. seelianglim

seelianglim New Member

But it will not stop me from upgrading my 1 series to the 3 series soon ..Now looking at the new G30, coz the sst excemption is still on

5. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Guess it comes down to luck perhaps. I have friends who have trouble free experience.