1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

2005/06 Committee Members

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Daredevil, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daredevil

Daredevil Founding Member

NominationThis time, the nomination process will be done online (in the forum). As the AGM has been planned to take place in October, I suppose we have ample time to tabulate nominations in the forum.I urge each nomination to be put forward with full justification. The person who has been shortlisted in the final nomination list has the right to refuse or decline from being nominated. However, this refusal will only be taken seriously during the actual election process in Oct. Unless of course that person is very certain that he/she will not be able to uphold the responsibilities required to be in office. A word of advice. Each and every committee position is crucial to ensure the club goes forward. If one person doesn't contribute, that person becomes a hindrance to the entire committee. Of course the committee, by virtue of majority votes, can remove any redundant committee and making it public. In short, whoever gets voted into office must contribute 110% fom Day 1. It's not a glamorous 'job' to be in. But it's definitely rewarding in terms of self satisfaction.ElectionThere is a total of 10 positions in the committee:presidentVice PresidentSecretaryAsst. Secretary5 x Executive CommitteeRelevance is key. E.g. it is advisable to nominate a person who has some knowledge in accounts and bookkeeping to become the Treasurer.Ok guys. Looks like we have some fine examples of justification of nomination by Juan Powerblow and Sithwarrior. Kudos to you guys. Exactly how it should be done to avoid irresponsible characters from being voted into office. In the nomination process, it is not necessary to specify which committee position you want that person in. That will be determine on the AGM day. Regardless, all nominees will start as a fresh pc paper when they walk into the AGM. Another thing to note is this. It will not be surprising to get nominees from other States as a few has displayed out-of-this-world passion and commitment during club events. But bear in mind, these ppl will be expected to attend committee meetings on a regular basis and they will have to travel, probably to Klang Valley, to attend these meetings. I assume most committee meetings will be conducted in Klang Valley because 90% of the active forumers in this forum hails from Klang Valley. Think about this crucial point before submitting your nomination.E.g. I hereby nominate Jarance to be in the 2005/06 committee because he has clearly shown pure dedication during the last few major events. Any non-sensical nominations will be in this thread will be deleted immediately. It's time to be really serious guys. It's the future of the club we're talking about here. :pp/s The existing committee will be personally policing this thread to ensure everything is in order. TQ and happy lobbying.DDOn Behalf of Commitee

2. Daredevil

A good example of how a nomination should be presented:

Let's get serious about this and allow me to express my views without restraint...

I'm truly blessed to have witnessed first class leadership in 535i. Truly, this fella got a natural predisposition to put other people's interest first at the expense of his own. He commands respect for that! and gets things DONE! The IAD 2005 was a monumental success and how many of us particularly those who had the pleasure of working for and with him have been so gratified by his refreshing, involving yet consensual leadership! Thanks Izam! He's my undoubted choice for a key leadership position!

But a leader is nothing without partner in arms, cos when working together with real friends, it becomes fun at the sametime. I've had great fun with many of you and know how important this is. So, recalling from my experience having a fun working relationship recently with some of you, I think the purrfect team for our new Committee should comprise dedicated and selfless fellas like Jarence, Sithwarrior, 5201, Iceman.... Zooooggee and others!! Guys, don't be afraid of being in the front line cos there are those of us who appreciate that good yet simple deeds resounds and reverberates more significantly and meaningfully than a million empty words!

by Juan Powerblow.

3. kevster30

kevster30 Club Guest

Remember, this club belongs to its members.......do nominate peers with the 'right stuff'...........CHEERS!

4. three28

three28 Guest

Great .

Please do not nominate hastilly as these people will be fronting and feeding for the club growth next 2 years .

We have already seen prominent leadership qualities on alot of members here .

Thats a good guideline to work with .

Happy nominations

cheers :D

5. jarance

jarance Founding Member

My list of nominee

Actually, I would like to nominate three28 to be part of the protem team again as he have been instrumental in forming the Klang TT chapter and encourage others to get together. In addition, I often see his effort in resolving heated argument among forummers.
    For most of you who are not aware, three28 and others existing protem prefer to work behind the scene to get things done.

OK... he is also my drinking partner sometime... :rofl:

I would also like to nominate c-square as well. He have the proper qualification as I know him to be part of the committe members of Mancurian Alumini. However, this nomination is subject to his acceptance.

I would also like to nominate Sithwarrior. Np doubt he might be new in the forum but I have seen for myself the effort and enthutiast that was shown by him. Refering back to the advise that given by DD, we need new blood! The passion shown by Sithwarrior for the well being of the club is indeed commendable.

I like to nominate Vaniila Coke aka Bionic Woman for the secretary post not because she is a lady but more for her capablity. I am sure there would be other who support her. (pss..st must get her hubby approval first)

I would like to nominate val_tappish of the Johore chapter if he accept the nomination. The dedication and passion shown by val as seen on the forum is an example to be follow by others.

Oh, before I forget, I would like to nominate 535i aka racun king for president.. This guy is so modest.... :rofl: but I like him because he is my fren.. Seriously, during the IAD meetings, I seen for myself the dedication and leadership shown by him is indeed commendable.

last but not least kahar for his "blink blink mobile"... oops sorry! I thought this was the nomination for best car. Seriously, kahar have the passion to make this club goes further.

6. Daredevil

Looking good. Please remember while you guys are at it, each nomination must be seconded in order for it to be officially accepted. I'll be doing the tabulation here and in another dedicated thread.

7. three28

three28 Guest

My humble nominations as follows

Prez: Mr.Izam 535i - He has shown an extraordinary leadership kwality .

VP: Kahar - His full dedication and support to make just all the events a success

Sec: Vannilla Coke - She will fit well into this seat . Good writer . Check out the IAD minutes man !!!!!!!

Asst Sec : Jarance( Unker) - Hey man this guys has got all our events as a must be there ... thing . He is with the club outings more than he is at home ....After all he is the MEMBER of the Year what . Dont forget the FIne nametags and stuff he has really put his effort into .

Treasurer : Tough one - 5201 - No doubt .. good commitment on his side . Collection without prejudice .

Comm1 :
    Fabianyee ( He has been here for donkey years . Pleasent guys to members . and has really put up alot for the club till extents of climbing risky area for a good photoshoot. )

Comm2:
    Mr.Hartge : Has indiresctly contributed alot by also leading and getting the Penang chapter together and creating a positive impact for us in the northern region .

Comm3:
    Sithwarrior - He undivided love for the club has not failed to impress me . He will make a good office bearer as he is focussed to the growth and betterment of the club . ( Very hidden contributions to the IAD ...)

Comm4:
    Vladd_Tappish - He has worked alot to get the JB people together and also work with SG guys to make our presence in the Southern Chapter.

Comm5:
    Kor KOr Zoggee - He has shown us all that can be done to a beemer . Technically souns and will definately assist us in track days and convoy. Plus his experience holding office in SABIMMER .

cheers

MY 2 :D CENTS

Will think of the rest later

8. sithwarrior

sithwarrior Club Guest

Great stuff Jarance,

I vote for Izam as Mr President as well I really hope he does not reject this proposal. Once again I think enough has been said about abilities. So Izam sorry I do not see anyone else new that has the same qulities as you.

Every great president requires a great Vee Pee.. who else better to carry this position other than Mr Jarance Singh. Apart form just being a great friend to everyone in the club he also is a great advisor in many areas when people are in a predicament. I think he's a great partner to Izam and with these tow I think the club will get somewhere

As for secretary who else other than our dear Vanilla Coke.. :D yes Jarance is right we should ask her hubby first :D She performed extremely well during the IAD and all I can say theres only one word for her - Bionic Women ( hmm maybe she should change her nick :D )

Kahar definately has my vote as I see him as a consistent contributor and as a true friend to the club.

Steven 520i did a real great job with the monies during the IAD. Dont know if he's an accountant or not but yep he's my vote too

Juan - you know why you should be in the committee, true commitment and great advisor, but never a bossy person.

Blackrobe he's doors always open to people who need Legal Advice and is more than willing to help the club in any sort of leagl issues. He told me personally :p ( Juan will be happy he he he )

Alvin Joseph - Dont know this dude really well, but he showed up for almost all our IAD meetings and he speaks little but the little he says has much wisdom..

DD,

I think Jarance's idea is great about getting someone from another chapter, but also its true that they wont be able to attend the meeting everyweek. may I make a suggestion. Perhaps there should be head representing the club for every region ( by election of course ) and perhaps meet once in 2 months or so....

Just my toughts ya..
    Sithwarrior

9. vladd_tappish

vladd_tappish Club Guest

10. Fireblade

Fireblade Club Guest

I would like to put forward my nominations for the next committee as follows:

1.President - Izam aka 535i- punctual for appointments & deadlines, decisive, authoritative, good support esp in organising the IAD.

2.VP - Jarance - dedicated in supporting club activities, concern about getting things done right, good rapport with many members.

3.Sec - John aka John Powerblow - speaks & presents himself very well, hardworking, writes well, dedicated supporter of the club.

4.Asst. Sec - Kahar - a true Bimmer fan, got actively involved in many club events, good at getting sponsorship for club events, energetic.

5.Treasurer - Steven aka 520i - good money collector (see IAD), good bookeeping, resourceful, well organised, active guy.

6.Comm1 - Mrhartge- technically inclined, supportive member, humourous, will go the distance.

7.Comm2 - Zoggee- Unbiased, friendly, good technical knowledge, light-hearted guy who is in good spirits evertime you meet him.

8.Comm3 - Kevin aka Sithwarrior - very supportive in club events, good in event management, speaks well & good natured.

9.Comm4 - Shyam aka three28 - spice up any gathering, jovial, good talker, always on the move.

10.Comm5 - Alvin - a BMW/Mini enthusiast, soft spoken, good natured & well travelled.

11. jarance

jarance Founding Member

fireblade, why you tak sokong wifey?

I think she make a good protem committee. We need to have a rose among all the thorns... :nyehehe:

12. xtracooljustin

xtracooljustin Club Guest

i second macha Three28's nominations

13. Vanquish

Vanquish Club Guest

Nominating Hartge and Vladd as committee members. It's about time the Northern and Southern Chapters are represented in the Pro Tem Committee inline with the Club's aspiration to go NATIONAL with our activities and creating more awareness among UDM owners.

CBJ Chief aka 535i as the President. A result oriented, natural born leader with a flair for people management and getting things done. In the best interest of the club and its members, PLEASE don't say NAY bro !!!

Cheers,

14. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

I say AYE!!!

The strong combination of 535i, Jarence, Sithwarrior and 5201 (this fella could draw financial schematics for break-even points and expenditure tolerances for IAD to the decimal, k!) is one which gets me sex-cited! Vanilla Coke is also a great secretary and I can go on and on the stuff she kept organised and well-minuted in our IADWC meetings!

I agree we should've representations from Northern and Southern regions too! It may be a bit tedious to meet but things can be discussed online and more importantly, our numbers can grow throughout Malaysia. Perhaps, even this forum should have a Northern and Southern Activities Section!! I don't mind driving up or down to participate in these activities as much needed breaks!

15. 535i

535i Club Guest

Van ...

Might be taking up new role liao ... Afraid kenot spend the time to look after the club. :cry: No point taking up the post but kenot contribute ...
    The club is on a very steep curve. Need focus and dedication to bring it up to the next level. DD and team has laid a solid foundation. Next team will have to continue implementing all the plans - no easy task ..... We dun want this club to die .. just like a few other car clubs out there.

Vote the new committee because they can deliver .... not because they are popular ... Friends are friends but when it comes to commitment and deliverables, you'll be surprise ....

16. ALBundy

ALBundy Founding Member

Izam, what you have just said is spot on and also show the insight and maturity you have in taking up job. I think everyone here agrees, there is no better person for this job as you are well liked by everyone and also demostrated you capability as a leader. :)

Well, this is only a nomination process, but looking at it, it shall be a foregone conclusion on election day. JANGAN TAK DATANG! :D

17. sithwarrior

sithwarrior Club Guest

I have to agree with Vanquish. Vladd the vamp and Hr Hatger make perfect candidates to head the southern an nothern chapter respectively.

18. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

19. three28

three28 Guest

Well said captain ,. Thats why u r one of them . Kenot decline .

The rest :

A lot of people well known here may not be able to deliver . So we should gauge by their actual commitment and involvement in the club .

Guys like Sithwarrior aka suthe ... Has been a great effort and dedication contributor behind the scenes .

Please guys those nominated .. its actually not that hard . Passion is passion . So its just making the right time choices . Please dont be discouraged .

cheers :D :D :D :D

cheers

20. sithwarrior

sithwarrior Club Guest

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You are so right there dude.. Yes I have to agree with JPB. I am very impressed with 520i's skill and commitment during the event. I vote 520i for treasurer as well

sith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.