1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

1 series software update.

Discussion in '1 Series' started by pion, Mar 27, 2008.

1. SalinaSaad

SalinaSaad Club Guest

same here :wink:

2. mnas

mnas Club Guest

finally got my software updated this week. can't feel much of the difference though, perhaps the jerkiness at 1500rpm (gear 1-2) has been smoother.
    alongside, i got the faulty switch on the steering wheel, replaced too.

3. pion

pion Club Guest

Was informed that there is a new software update for the 1series when i booked my car in for its 1st maiden official service. Not sure if its the same software update as done by grace :)

the thing is.....aiya...it will take approximately 8 hours for the software update :eek: to be completed. hence have to leave the car overnight :eek:
    Was informed that amongst others, the software update will reset the service interval. Thereafter the next service interval is 25,000, ie next service after this is 10,000km (approx current mileage) + 25,000km = 35,000km :eek:

...ya the low rpm gear shift could have been smoother. but this gives the 1 series a certain "sporty" character, like when u r driving a manual transmission car at low revs.
    wondering if this new software update will have any effect on this:rolleyes:?

4. pion

pion Club Guest

.... 1st impression after the 1st service & software update are:
    -smoother gear changes at low revs:top:
    -engine note sounds more creamy, and seems like no more "tappet" noise when idle:top:
    -better & smoother acceleration:top:

however still unable to resolve allignment issue, although the allignment was done.

allignment issue = when the steering is held 100% straight, the car will veer to the right. however if the steering is tilted about 2-3 degrees to the left, the car will keep straight, even with hands off the steering wheel.
    my question : any possiblity this is due to steering not fixed properly? ie steering not installed/allign straight?

bros/sis...any comments/experience on the above? :)

5. ShiangHorng

ShiangHorng Club Guest

Pion, yours is a 120i? :7:

6. pion

pion Club Guest

bro Siang,
    118i facelift

..when u hold yr steering 100% straight...does your car veer to the right? :)

7. gracetcp

gracetcp Club Guest

Pion, this is balancing & alignment issue not the software lah :)

After upgrading the software for trixie, I still dunno what's the difference :rolleyes:

8. bimmerdude

bimmerdude Club Guest

how come BMW website doesnt inform its white card members of the software update? and am i right that its also for the 3 series?
    thanks

9. pion

pion Club Guest

..ya the allignment issue is actually off-topic here :D hehehe :D

10. ShiangHorng

ShiangHorng Club Guest

Lol! Mine's to the left.

I went to the Segambut branch today and asked about the software...

And, I was told that there is no current update unless I want to purchase one from Germany. Weird eh?:eek:

11. pion

pion Club Guest

...aiyo ... don't got to AB Segambut la... shit after sales service. Try other places like Ingress..or Sapura. Isnt your car stil under warranty?

(Off topic:) - ) I just had a chat with a friend who just bought an X series, the way the AB glenmarie sales staff treat their customers after the sales is concluded is a joke! Next time buy from other dealers better.

12. ShiangHorng

ShiangHorng Club Guest

Yea. My car still has another 2 years of warranty.

So, I may send my car for the update to a Sapura branch? Cool. Didn't know that.:top:

13. dykf

dykf Club Guest

I just went to AB in Sg Besi and expect for a software upgrade too..but the service supervisor told me that i need to pay for that...! DAMN..! and my car is still under warranty period..! can anyone enlighten me??

And also the supervisor told me that i might get some problem like some of the basic function of the car will not work..maybe the power window..or something else.. and i ask him wats the possibility of that happen and he just say 50/50 chance..wat a DAMN again...

and worst of all i have to PAY!

i also tell him that some of the members done this before for FOC and no problem at all..he just dunno how to answer me..! so can anyone clarify this?

14. pion

pion Club Guest

.... sounds like a load of crap coming from the AB service supervisor. Try other dealers la... i did my software upgrade at TianSiang during the 1st service. No extra payment.