1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Newbie looking for info on 316i

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by IntanM87, Oct 6, 2021.

1. IntanM87

IntanM87 New Member

Hello guys,

Im a total newbie and still very green. Im interested to purchase F30 316i 2014/2015 make.

Any suggestion on what i should be looking out for and on the maintenance cost?

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Welcome to the forum, and all the best in your journey to find the ride of your dreams.

Units from 2014/15 would be our of BSRI by now. Suggestions when searching for one:
    1. Preferably, get the unit off the actual owner
    2. Ensure you have access to all the maintenance/repair/service records or receipts - this will make it easier for you to plan your maintenance on the car
    3. If or when you see the car that u like, bring the car to a reputable/trusted workshop who can check/diagnose the car for you i.e. sort of pre-purchase inspection - doing this will actually tell u the actual condition of the car, and what needs to be addressed
    4. Agree on the price based on item 3 - full price provided all issues in 3 is resolved prior to changing name, or discounted price assuming u will hv to rectify the issues, if any
    5. Seal the deal, and enjoy the ride

maintenance cost, can check here http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/index.php?threads/want-to-get-a-bmw-for-the-1st-time.42585/

3. IntanM87

IntanM87 New Member

Hello Gendong!

Thanks for your reply. I booked for a test drive this sunday with mytukar dealership. Referring to your point no.3, do you know any good and reliable workshop in klang valley area that i can bring the car to?

4. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

oh... mytukar. if thats the case, insist on item 2. On the workshop thing, suggest u go someplace that is convenient for you. If u r in say Cheras, find a place that is convenient or nearby. i am based in PJ, so my preference is Bluegeen or MSpeed etc.

Most of the time, u might need to book for a slot to perform these pre-purchase inspection, and might involve some minimal fee (normally less than RM100).