1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Weak Air Con in F10

Discussion in 'F10, F11, F07' started by Rick1, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

The air con in my F10 seems to be weak. By that I mean that the face level vents blow cold air all the time, the issue is that the rest of the vents around the footwell and screen occasionally start to blow warm/hot air for no reason. I have had the system re-gassed and as I say, the vents blow cold air. Is this a software issue? I run the air con in auto mode always.
    Thanks for any advice

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Not sure if its software related..... but how old is your F10 bro? mileage?

3. waikong2007

waikong2007 Club Guest

When my F10 A/C was not blowing enough cool air, I changed the temperature sensor in the car interior. That solved the problem but I still need to turn up the fan speed to level 4 on Auto mode.
    Hope this helps you.

4. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

Thanks all for the assistance. The car is a 2011 F10 528i with 39K on the odometer. I read a thread somewhere that someone resolved this issue by a software update. I remember that his family always complained about the heat in his car until he fixed it. Once lockdown is over I will take it into a BMW dealer for a re-gas and discuss the software update possibility.

5. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Hopefully its a simple software update bro. i think u can schedule an appointment now rite with the SC?

6. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

7. NumberTWO

NumberTWO Club Guest

Auto mode on my F10 is a weak-blower too.. just turn off the Auto and use the manual speed control , you will get the car cooler quicker..

8. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

Finally got this sorted, car is ice cold now. The fault was with the blower motor and, the main cause of the issue, the blower regulator. If your air con is weak and the blower motor goes slow and sometimes stops for no reason, replace these 2 items and enjoy the cold!!

gendong likes this.