1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

F30 320i M Sports 2015 vs Sports Line 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bunu, May 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bunu

Bunu New Member

Hey there guys

I am looking to upgrade my E90 to F30 320i. Whilst doing my research, got torn and confused whether to go for Sport line 2016 or M Sports 2015 (based on my budget). I read that some upgrading and improvement done after 2015. But 2016 M Sports a little bit over my budget. Is there a lot of difference between the M Sports and Sports Line, and also between 2015 vs 2016? Between the 2, which one would you guys suggest for me to go for?

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Sport line is purely cosmetics compared to an Msport. Sport line is on normal suspensions, which is comfort biased, where as the Msport has stiffer suspensions, which provide a much sharper and accurate handling. Some would not prefer Msport as its normally a bit harsher/harder than Sport line. Stance wise, Msport sits lower than Sport line.

The Sport line interior trims normally has red (sportier) accent compared to blue (comfort), which is normally on the Luxury line. Msport will have the Msport only hexagonal (some say carbon fiber effect) trims. Msport has sportier seats, normally with thigh bolster (not sure if Sport line has it tho). Also, the steering wheels are different where Msport has 'beefier' n sportier steering. Not to forget the Msport bodykit, which is way way sportier.

if possible, go for the Msport, if u feel like having a some spirited drives. Sport line is more 'relaxed. Engine wise, it should be the same tune, iirc.

good luck!

3. Bunu

Bunu New Member

So other than the suspension and lowered stance, the differences are mostly on the sportier visuals? Engine performance and the parts are the same?

What about 2015 vs 2016? Is it worth it to spend 10-20k more on a 2016 model? Large upgrade between the 2 manufacturing years?

4. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Yes. Mostly are visuals i.e. bodykits, those M logos being put on the steering wheel (last time Msport steering wheels are a bit thicker than normal ones), suspensions (spring on Msport stiffer). Engine performance and other parts are the same, except for those mentioned earlier.

2015 vs 2016..... that is subjective. i'd take the 2015 and the approx 10k savings (if its cash in hand) can be used to perform maintenance on the car. 2016 would probably get a car with the final year of BSRI, if ur lucky.