1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Newbie LANDING

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by MelvisCWK, Aug 23, 2019.

1. MelvisCWK

MelvisCWK New Member

Hi all BMW Lovers, I'm Planing buying a M4 Recon Car, as i know they have void the mileage, can i know the BMW diagnostic system really can recover / check the real Mileage and accident record? Or anyone have professional BMW workshop to help check the car please let me know~~

Thank you all so much

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Go to Authorised Service Center (Auto Bavaria), and they can do that for you. They can access the info from the origin country. You would have to pay a fee though.

3. MelvisCWK

MelvisCWK New Member

You mean BMW Authorised Service Center? Would it need to register as member?

4. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Yes. BMW Authorised SC. Mileage can be changed onboard the car, but they cant alter the one that is stored in the BMW database (since these were recond units, assuming n almost definitely these cars were serviced in their origin country).

No meed to be member. Walk in, tell them u want to do an inspection, pay a fee (u need to check how much) n they inspect for u. Most importantly, they can advise on actual mileage from their system. Also, since u registered, they will notify u of any updates or promo being offered.

A couple of thousand RM is worth in for ur 6-figure investment n fun toy.

5. MelvisCWK

MelvisCWK New Member

Thank you so much, but i found some workshop they said they can help for the inspection and it cost RM 200, is that real? Or only the BMW authorized can check / crack the code in the car? Should i spent thousand to BMW authorized or outside workshop?

6. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Yes, it is true that workshops can perform the inspection. Yes they too can access & read the data. But they read mileage on the car, not on the BMW servers. (if u know which workshop claims they can access them BMW servers, let me know too).

fyi, i know of a member who recently procured an M4. On board, the reading was as is. Looked ori. he sent for inspection at an authorised SC. they checked and crossref, found out mileage reading was changed..... to more than half of what it really was.

If u want to spend as little money possible, suggest u accept the mileage as it is. dont even need to spend that rm200. if u really want to satisfy ur curiosity, send to authorised SC. a thousand ringgit spent (u need to ask these authorised SC how much it actually cost la), might even shave quite an amount to ur overall price of the car.

ur call.