1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

How are your 320d doing so far?

Discussion in 'E90, E91, E92, E93' started by paultantk, Feb 28, 2011.

1. rattlesnake1982

rattlesnake1982 Club Guest

Lol....sometimes I missed the FC of my N47d20....but I prefer this N54, torque ada, power pun ada....
    I might downgrade to datsun later...hehe

2. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Time for ///M lah. Bila ni. SGD can afford what

3. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

AUD oso can whattt...... hehehe

4. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Haha. Slightly cheaper for SGD buddy

5. topmar

topmar Club Guest

Hi,

this is my latest mod, a carbon fiber strut bar, fitted today....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2

6. ahshawn

ahshawn Member

Hi guys,

Need some help here identifying my gearbox type as to whether it is

1) ZF or GM (though i highly suspect it is ZF)
    2) Is it a 6HP19, 6HP26 or some other 6HPxx gearbox?

The reason I am asking is because when i look up my VIN, it either displays as AUT (auto transmission) or Unknown. If somebody can point me in the right literature it would be most useful. Additionally, I am also led to believe that BMW PPK cannot be installed on 320d's circa 2009 and before (basically those with 177hp and below) because it was using a different transmission which runs to close to the safety factor rating. The 184hp could accommodate the additional torque on the tranny. Appreciate if anybody can confirm or refute this fact. Thanks in advance

Type

320D OL (MYS)

Dev. series

E90 (MUE)

Line

Body type

LIM

Steering

RL

Door count

Engine

N47

Cubical capacity

Power

Transmision

HECK

Gearbox

AUT

Colour

ALPINWEISS 3 (300)

Upholstery

LEDER DAKOTA/D3 SATTELBRAUN (LCD3)

Prod. date

2009-09-03

7. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Identify via the sticker on the GB itself. Google for the image.

Yes PPK can't be fitted on 177bhp models (manufactured prior to 2010) due to the lower-rated torque converter. The 184bhp has an uprated TC to accomodate the extra power. BMW SCs will check for compatibility via VIN prior to installation.

8. ahshawn

ahshawn Member

Would that mean that installing DTUKs are not recommended on these older torque converter units? That would be straining it. I have seen some units pushed to 500nm+, this would affect the reliability of the tranny considerably

9. ahshawn

ahshawn Member

Would that mean that installing DTUKs are not recommended on these older torque converter units? That would be straining it. I have seen some units pushed to 500nm+, this would affect the reliability of the tranny considerably

10. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

quote name="ahshawn" post="742498" timestamp="1463630311"]

Would that mean that installing DTUKs are not recommended on these older torque converter units? That would be straining it. I have seen some units pushed to 500nm+, this would affect the reliability of the tranny considerably[/quote]

Not really. There are still some 177bhp rides in the group with DTUK (though not at max setting). Not sure if that would affect the longetivity of the transmission though.

The highest torque recorded for a 2011 320d with PPK+DTUK was 462Nm. Pretty much maxed out on stock basis (in order not to trigger CEL) unless more hardware mods ie. bigger intercooler/turbo etc + a good remap, not piggyback. How did those units achieved 500Nm?

ahshawn likes this.
  11. rattlesnake1982

rattlesnake1982 Club Guest

I heard the 320d was fast?

Nmr Nik Soh likes this.
  12. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Nolah. Not as fast as the 335i. Lol

13. Ghostcat

Ghostcat Club Guest

Dear brother 320Ds,

Am not an active member, not mistaken been a member since 2012.

I have been sending my car to Ingress for scheduled services and check up. Now that the car has clock more than 100k, the BSRI is over.

Last Saturday I sent my car to Andy of Eastcos Auto, Bkt Jalil due to leaking of my water tank, connector and also to replace cracked vibration damper (I was told that this is common to a diesel car). The issue was, when they connect back the negative plug of battery (Andy told me this is SOP to remove the negative plug), there was a notification "lighting system failure, stop carefully". All my lighting system has malfunction. they ran diagnosed on it and apparently according to Andy, my lighting control module (LCM) is faulty and this problem always happen to E90. He offered me to leave the car and to fix the LCM instead of replacing it, I told him I'll send it back to him on Monday to fix it. So this morning I sent the car and leave with him to fix the LCM, which according to him will either done today or tomorrow.

What worries me, he said there is a possibility of 5% after they fix and recoding back the data, another module might be affected. Am at my wit end now, am not sure whether all these are true or 'kena game'. I don't want to trouble you guys but have no choice but to ask all the Otai2 here, have you guys encounter same issue, whether is true the SOP to disconnect the negative plug before work on the replacement and fixing/recoding the modukle might affect the other control module. Appreciate any hand on this trouble state of mine.

Cheers!
    Ghostcat

14. qkhcad1

qkhcad1 New Member

To all sifus here. I just got my E90 320D 2010 99k mileage now. Driven it for a week and noticed what I would describe as a deeper than usual humming sound that comes from the engine which sets in as the car is between 1500-2000 rpm. Searched on the net and found similar issue described by another owner and the fix was on a plastic tube that connects to from the air box to the engine. Without removing the engine cover I was trying to look for any obvious joint issues but cannot see any. Did any of you here encounter such issue before? Thanks in advance for your the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. qkhcad1

qkhcad1 New Member

To all sifus here. I just got my E90 320D 2010 99k mileage now. Driven it for a week and noticed what I would describe as a deeper than usual humming sound that comes from the engine which sets in as the car is between 1500-2000 rpm. Searched on the net and found similar issue described by another owner and the fix was on a plastic tube that connects to from the air box to the engine. Without removing the engine cover I was trying to look for any obvious joint issues but cannot see any. Did any of you here encounter such issue before? Thanks in advance for your the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ray27

ray27 Member

Hi all. I just bought a 2012 e90 320d and am loving the drive so far. This is basically my weekend car . Mileage is only 53k km.

17. ray27

ray27 Member

Where can I get the performance kit upgrade for my e90 320d ?

18. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Tough question. The performance kit was used to be sold by the authorized dealers i.e. Ingress, Quill, AB. You might want to head over there and see if they still have it.

19. ray27

ray27 Member

Ok bro thanks for that info. I’ll check it out.

20. Chee Huat

Chee Huat Club Guest

Congratulation on your new ride!!!
    You make a wise choice!!!

I am owning a 2012 E90 320d too, love it very much, enjoy every moment I spend with him.

ray27 likes this.