1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Perform software program for gearbox

Discussion in 'E60, E61' started by Eiffel, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Eiffel

Eiffel Member

Hey bro,

Anyone encounter "tak" sound when push start the car?

I went to a workshop and they recommend me to perform software program for gearbox in dealership.

Please share your opinion on these matters.

I search online that bmw has the following bulletin:

It's a software fault with the transmission self-check test on start. I found this on another forum.

"You have a transmission control chip called EGS much like your DME that manages the engine. In fact they communicate with each other and often times the software update may be to both units. Software fixes to either or both would control shift points (up or down) at certain RPM, certain lateral accelerations (ABS sensor), braking force, hill holding, etc.

BMW issued as SIB (Service Information Bulletin) in December 2008, as follows:

SI B 24 08 08
    Automatic Transmission December 2008
    Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes SI B24 08 08 dated October 2008.

SUBJECT
    E62, E70 with 6HP19TU - Transmission Clunks after Engine Start

MODEL
    E60, E61 with N52K or N54 and 6HP19TU produced from 03/07 up to 09/08

E70 (X5 3.0) with N52K and 6HP19TU produced from 12/06 up to 10/08

SITUATION
    The customer may complain about a clunking noise heard from the transmission, sometimes accompanied by a "bang", felt in the rear of the vehicle after engine start-up. This complaint can be intermittently reproduced when the transmission is in the P position (the noise and/or jolt does not occur when the selector gear is placed in N).

CAUSE
    EGS software calibration in regards to the transmission self-check test on the engine start

SOLUTION
    On a customer complaint basis only, check the vehicle's integration level.

If the integration level is:

On E60, E61 vehicles - E060-08-03-550 or lower

On E70 vehicles � E070-08-05-525 or lower

Reprogram and recode the complete vehicle with a current Progman version (V31.1 or higher). The target integration levels are E060-08-09-520 or E070-08-09-520, respectively, for E60, E61 and E70 vehicles"

2. seanswn

seanswn Club Guest

I have the latest ISTA-P that can help you upgrade to the latest firmware.

PM me for details. - But do take note, the firmware upgrade will or will not solve it, if it does not, means your Solenoid Valve need replacement.

3. Eiffel

Eiffel Member

Pm price bro

4. MajorCombover

MajorCombover New Member

I would also be interested in the gearbox software update! Mine has become very sluggish and am hoping a software update will fix that.