1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW 218i Active Tourer

Discussion in '2 Series' started by skywalker28, Mar 27, 2015.

1. skywalker28

skywalker28 New Member

Attached Files:

insessugs likes this.
  2. seancorr

seancorr Club Guest

The 5 seater version will be launched at the BMW World event later this month along with the new X6. By the looks of the pics taken at our local dealers I think its the 218i that we will be getting here.

3. splee

splee Club Guest

Spotted this new 218i on elite highway now. [​IMG]

4. ajaibman

ajaibman New Member

Hi All,

New owner of pre reg BMW 218i 2015

5. magpie

magpie Club Guest

how is your ride so far? thinking of getting it for my wife.... but i am worried that is it underpower. mind to share your experience so far? Thanks

6. ajaibman

ajaibman New Member

Certainly not, good in town.. quick nimble and 6 speed Aisin FWD setup gearbox gives better acceleration feel compare to ZF sourced 8 speed RWD gearbox installed in 118i (Same 1.5 B38 engine).

rolling speed, (60 to 120) is quite fast.. up until 180 km/h then the engine will running out of steam.. but how often we drive up to that speed in Malaysia?

Yes women love it.. short wheel base.. easy to park and quite tall to give a commanding view on the road.. (just slightly lower compare X1)

zeeyen likes this.
  7. magpie

magpie Club Guest

Thanks for sharing bro.... I do agree that we dont usually drive till 180km/h very often. even for my own usage i seldom hit that speed. most important is during rolling speed it has the torque to overtake other slower cars.

8. jmwong

jmwong New Member

Hi everyone, I am new here and I have a problem with my tires. Hoping that some of you may give some advice. I got my 2 Series Active Tourer in April 2016 and earlier this year noticed some abnormalities with my front left tire. It was tearing - not that anyone I know has seen that kind of damages before. Even tire dealers expressed disbelief. The tires were manufactured in 2014. Recently, I contacted BMW and got it replaced F.O.C. When I got my car back, I noticed the right tire is also starting to disintegrate. I wrote to BMW again. Unfortunately, this time around, I was ignored. I believe they shouldn't install aged tires (almost 2 years old) onto a brand new vehicle.

Can anyone advise me or share if they experience the same problem? May be affecting the same batch of vehicles? What should I do? Run-flat tires ain't cheap and I don't believe I should absorb the costs of new tires since they are consequential damage. Attached photos for your comments.. Thanks!

tires.jpg

9. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

There are 2 things I would check. First is to get the tracking checked, also the bushes etc to ensure the tyre is not being "dragged" when on full lock.
    Second is to check on the internet to see if there is any cases of similar problems with that make of tyre. Do you drive over rough surfaces often? When you park are you turning the wheel to full lock when it is on a rough surface?
    A major cause for wear is air pressure in the tyre, as they are run flats they will not look low on air, it is important that you check the pressures regularly and check that the tyre pressure monitoring system is set and working.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Good Luck

10. jmwong

jmwong New Member

Hi Rick, thanks for your advice. I don't drive on rough surfaces, usually on tar roads. I couldn't find any similar problems on the internet. The only feedback we got from tire retailers are that the tires are old.

Also, pressure etc are normal. And the onboard computer showed that everything is in order.

Anyway, fortunately BMW has offered to replace the tires for my car... :)

11. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

Hi,
    Good news the BMW have offered to change your tyres. Well done for chasing them on this.