1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

EasyDIS 44 and INPA working

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by aidilj, Mar 10, 2011.

1. TeD

TeD Club Guest

jarance, sorry no screenshot but i would be very happy to share with others on the procedure if anyone need it in future... sharing is caring!!! :rock:

2. aidilj

aidilj Official Member

Just started my study for NCS Expert and would like to share that since NCSE is 16bit, it will never run on 64bit machine. You'll need 32bit windows. Off to installing VMware again..

3. TeD

TeD Club Guest

hey bro, great to hear that now you are studying NCS Expert... please share with us if you manage to run NCS Expert :top:

4. aidilj

aidilj Official Member

I have all the info ready, thinking of the best way to present them

5. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Hi sifus, I just got my INPA/EDIABAS 6.4.3 and 4.4.7 installed on my netbook with Win7 Starter Edition. Just wondering do I need to update to INPA/EDIABAS 6.4.7 and 5.0.2 in order to install EasyDIS/GT1?

6. aidilj

aidilj Official Member

Suggest you download the files from the 4shared site in the first post

7. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Already did but remained on INPA/EDIABAS 6.4.3 and 4.4.7 as during the first try of updating to 6.4.7 and 5.0.2 I sort of screwed up the installation. Re-installed everything and in the midst of getting GT1 installed now. Just created the Virtual Machine.

8. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Successfully got INPA 6.4.3/EDIABAS 4.4.7 and EasyDIS/GT1 installed on my humble Intel Atom netbook last night.

Thanks to helpful posts from aidilj, jarence and m3 from this thread.

Installation of the EasyDIS/GT1 is pretty straight forward I would say and not as complicated as many have claimed, provided you have some basic IT and computer knowledge. But, installation of INPA-EDIABAS are much much simpler though, quite a breeze.

Just to share, my installation guides are just the PDFs that came with the downloads from bimmerforums 4shared site.

Was referring to another guide (for Win7 x64) initially which taught how to upgrade to INPA 6.4.7/EDIABAS 5.0.2 as well but I somehow screwed up the process hence decided to delete the whole thing and start all over and chose not to upgrade and stick to 6.4.3/4.4.7 and install EasyDIS/GT1 straight from there.

Not sure what is the difference between INPA 6.4.3/EDIABAS 4.4.7 vs INPA 6.4.7/EDIABAS 5.0.2 though.

The only issue I encounter is the somewhat laggy interface during installation of EasyDIS/GT1. RAM was at 512MB in VMware Workstation v9 (netbook only have 1GB RAM in total). Gonna try look into that tonight. Hopefully it would be smoother once I allocate more RAM to it.

Tested INPA-EDIABAS and confirmed that it's working prior to installation of EasyDIS/GT1. The startup and launch is quick, albeit some of the codes are hard to decipher (since many compared INPA/EDIABAS to a engineer's tool while GT1 is for a technician).

Anyway, yet to have the chance to try EasyDIS/GT1 out on my ride yet as I left it overnight to install.

Shall update more once I'm back home tonight. :)

P/S: If this goes successful, might try to order the BMW scanner 1.4.0 as well and test it out. :D

9. aidilj

aidilj Official Member

The DIS will be faster with more ram allocated.

Are you able to get easyDIS up and connected to the car yet?

10. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Ahh great. Prolly allocated another 128/256MB RAM then. Gonna get EasyDIS up and connect to the car tonight. Anything I should take note of before launching it?

11. jarance

jarance Founding Member

maybe Pray?

12. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Err bad start. Had not problem running INPA-EDIABAS: reading live data, read/clear errors but no luck with DIS. Got error as below:

[​IMG]

13. aidilj

aidilj Official Member

Bro, installing easydis is half of the story. Do follow the instruction to set up connection to diaghead to the letter and youll be golden

14. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Troubleshoot whole night and manage to clear fault code 200.159 but end up with this below. Pretty frustrating. :/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

INPA is working flawlessly though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. anaksarawak

anaksarawak Official Member

I stopped at the same stage too

16. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

The thing is all APItest runs fine. One thing I was wondering is that should I set vm to off and protocol to Fister? And another thing is my OBD test shown "Read value 'Tag' failed". Hmmm

[​IMG]

17. anaksarawak

anaksarawak Official Member

Wingzee, a few of us are organizing INPA gathering this Friday, will update you soon please come

18. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Is there an official TT as well? Would love to join! Going to do some more reading & troubleshoot tonight.

19. jarance

jarance Founding Member

wah.. got party, never invite me... :wink:

20. wingzee

wingzee Club Guest

Eh sifus sekalian must join lah, jarence. Hereby invite you. :p