1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Official Announcement on Restrictions for Classifieds & Group Buy Section

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by maccasel, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackCat

BlackCat Founding Member
    Staff Member

Dzul, you may want to check with Mac on this... There is still the fiduciary responsibilities that need to be accounted for. I may be wrong tho' ;)

2. wuzzles

wuzzles Club Guest

Dear President
    Here comes part two:

List of Charitable forummers:

1) lamoo RM5.00
    2) BlackCat RM5.00
    3) haKKaMeE RM5.00
    4) bmw7833 RM8.00 :4: Where la those ppl said want to contribute?
    5) Wuzzles RM8.00
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Thank you for your kind generosity.

Details of mode of payment will be advise as soon approval is obtain from the Relevant Authority

3. jwah

jwah Club Guest

Dear President
    Here comes part two:

List of Charitable forummers:

1) lamoo RM5.00
    2) BlackCat RM5.00
    3) haKKaMeE RM5.00
    4) bmw7833 RM8.00 Where la those ppl said want to contribute?
    5) Wuzzles RM8.00
    6) jwah RM10.00
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Thank you for your kind generosity.

Details of mode of payment will be advise as soon approval is obtain from the Relevant Authority

4. stanleycck

stanleycck Club Guest

6. Me...RM10.00nett of all taxes......Lamoo, please collect from Jerman, he knows what I mean.

5. Herbert

Herbert Well-Known Member

CM wish to thank all who has given their feedback and comment. As this thread has already served its purpose, it is hereby closed.

Thank you

6. ALBundy

ALBundy Founding Member

Dzul,

While I can emphatised with the predicament of the committee and the thought that went into this decision, I would like to put my 2 cents of thought with it.

If one care to scroll through the Classified section which has 6 sub-sections and do a simple analysis, the ratio of guests to members posting stuff for sale is easily 80:20. I bought my last two items (rims and okada plasma coils) from two nice gentlemen that are club guests earlier this year without any hiccups. Given the new decision where guests can't sell "directly" but only after an introduction by a member, the activity in the classified section would be reduced greatly, if not totally. I failed to see how this would be beneficial to members like me!!

Fraudulent transactions happened everywhere, whether its lowyat.net, zerotohundred.com, photomalaysia, bicyclebuysell, mudah.com and etc but we don't see them shutting down their classified section to forum guests.

Fraud has happened, happening and will continue to happen unless the buyer takes extra precaution and not be tempted with what its too good to be true. I learnt my lesson 17 years ago when the internet was at its infancy, bought a Threshold Stasis amp from a Palo Alto chap that happened to be faulty. After that, it's strictly COD for me.

I think I am old enough to be responsible for my own actions, and everyone that chooses to buy stuff online should be wary of potential risks. However, to take a drastic action like this (with a noble intention of minimising fraud), it will deny members like me a meaningful participation in the classified section.

Cheers
    Albundy

7. dzuljazz2001

dzuljazz2001 Official Member

On behalf of the committee, we would like to thank everyone for all the constructive feedback. We will compile all proposals, suggestions and opinions for deliberation among us and will revert to all of the outcome soon.

Honestly, I believe its hard to deal with this kind of issue withoit offending anyone but if we were to close ranks, be open and work together positively, good things will come out from all this.

To the FMs, OMs and CG that had posted in his thread, rest assured that your invaluable feedbacks has been taken into account and we appreciate it very much. As for the "measures" that we have put in place to curb this issue, we will continously monitor this situation very closely for a few months and see what unfolds than.

Cheers guys and Thank you once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.