1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

F10 520d LCI has become hot items

Discussion in 'F10, F11, F07' started by madrazcbr, Oct 11, 2018.

1. madrazcbr

madrazcbr Club Guest

Been looking for F10 520d LCI since early Sep 2018 especially the model end of year 2015 and above as this comes with the newer B47 engine. As these cars on 5 years BSRI with around 2 years left and selling from RM 170k to RM210k it has been the favourite among 520d hunters. All listed in mudah or carlist or motortrader are already sold.

Followed closely behind is the LCI from end of year 2013 to end of year 2015 with price from RM139k to RM165k are mostly sold out or waiting for the new owner loan application to be approved.

In my case the adaptive LED headlights caught my eyes and heart. Yes there is around 20 non LCI model in Mudah but I have set my target on the LCI model. Really did not aspect that 520d is really hot hot item ..

So guys,if anyone letting go their 520d .. do let me know ya..

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Good luck on ur hunt bro. the owners of these 520d love em to bits! pretty hard to pry it off them, especially those last batch that came with all the m-performance add-ons (spoilers, skirts, decal)

3. F10 CREW

F10 CREW Clueless Newbie

I have a 2014 520d LCI in Alpine White. So far i can tell you, its the F10 with the least amount of problems. Done a few things on her and she drives even better when it came from the factory.

Happy hunting bro!

4. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

2014 model listing around RM 150k in Mudah. Nego a bit and done deal. Cheap!

5. hunter

hunter Club Guest

I believe BMW produce great diesel cars. I drive my F10 520d daily to my office.

But if I want to enjoy comfort and extra power for long journey such KL - Sin, I will drive my E60 530d and you can still reach within less than 2 hours.

BV5015 likes this.
  6. madrazcbr

madrazcbr Club Guest

was not in the hunting for secondhand car for quite sometime...

was shocked when the car dealer put the below as part of the payment for the car :
    puspakom check RM795
    processing fees RM3445
    miscellaneous RM300

the above itself shoot the price another RM4000 .. as i know puspakom fees is less than RM100

does secondhand car dealer has the right to charge all the above ...

7. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Ridiculous charges by the dealer!! These charges are might i say...."market driven" and yes, each dealer charges differently.

These are normally negotiable. if not agreeable, we can always walk away

8. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

Willing buyer, willing seller. It's the dealer's choice to charge that much but as a buyer, you can always negotiate. Some dealers will advertise lower prices for their cars and charge higher fees while some advertises higher price with lower fees.

At the end of the day, just look at the overall costs how much you're paying for the car and if it's a fair purchase. Lastly, you can always negotiate and get a good deal for yourself.

9. madrazcbr

madrazcbr Club Guest

almost end up with my first bmw car ... previously ride a bmw ..

after 2 weeks of calculating budget and trying to get the best deal ... made up my mind on one glacier silver 2014 520d ... was communicating with the salesman for the past week .. haggling on price and processing fee ..... make up my mind to make the booking and submit for loan application this coming saturday .. then got a mesagge from the salesman on tuesday informing me that the tauke will increase the price from rm151k to rm174k ... i thought he just playing with my emotion as this car already 1 month in the shop with no buyer at rm151k how can they able to sell with higher price at rm174k ... and correct indeed on tuesday night received message from mudah.com and yes the car price was really being increased ... for rm174k i can get a 528 2014 LCI ..

well maybe this 520d is not meant to be mine .. so back to hunting phase again but maybe will take a rest for a while as all the 520d LCI model 2014 onwards advertised in mudah has already been sold ...

well who knows maybe i will go for 528 ...

10. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

thats crap bro...... well maybe not ur rezeki yet..... just walkaway for dealers like that. not worth ur time to argue.

well..... good luck again on ur 'new' search!!

11. romano27

romano27 New Member

What is the reason that the 520D is such a hot item?

12. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

Not sure why it must be a diesel but 174k for a 2014 528i M-Sports sounds like a great deal.
    My 2 cents.

13. ReVolVolution

ReVolVolution Club Guest

2014 520d LCI? Is it at public auto? If so, perhaps it’s best that you didn’t get the unit. Heard lots of horror stories at public auto. Wanted to get a 528i mid this year and when I arrived there, the car was at another workshop. Salesman says it went for servicing. So, went there and spoke to the mechanics there. Apparently, the car has engine failure.

And that was the last I went to public auto.

14. madrazcbr

madrazcbr Club Guest

when it is not meant for me ..it is not meant for me ..

15. madrazcbr

madrazcbr Club Guest

not sure but in mudah ..all 520d lci have been snap like pisang goreng accept 1 black in okr and 1 silver in hulu langat ..

16. madrazcbr

madrazcbr Club Guest

maybe it is blessing in disguise that I dont end up buying the car ..

17. madrazcbr

madrazcbr Club Guest

well now am opening my eyes for 528 or 520d ... especially that is of low mileage ... maybe below 50k km...
    there is a lot of 528 secondhand around... so it will not be an easy to make up my mind ... pray for me ya ..

18. madrazcbr

madrazcbr Club Guest

guys .. help help help ..
    1. how to check whether the car still has bsri ...
    2. is this bsri transferable to the next owner
    3. the bsri is unlimited mileage or up to 100k km
    4. how does the bsri works ... can i just go to any bmw sc

19. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

1. U can check with Auto Bavaria, Quill, Ingress or Wheelcorp using the registration number of the car.
    2. The BSRI follows the car, not the owner.
    3. Depends on the BSRI package. read the fine prints, as BMW has few BSRI packages in force.
    4. Yes. U need to make an appointment with any of the authorized SC, as in item#1.

20. madrazcbr

madrazcbr Club Guest

thanks gendong ...

any number that i can call to get the bsri details ...