1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Anyone tried Bilstein B6 or B8 on F30?

Discussion in 'Chassis and Wheels Tech' started by pc8800, Dec 22, 2019.

1. pc8800

pc8800 Club Guest

The time has come to change my absorbers, and I've been toying with the idea of getting a set of Bilstein B6, and a set of M-Sport springs (for the 10mm drop, that's all I want)

I have heard that this setup may lead to a harsh ride once the suspension settles down.
    It is nice when initially installed, however, the ride deteriorates very quickly thereafter.

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried this, and what your experience is?

For context, I currently have the OE absorbers, with non-msport springs on my F30.
    I'm not quite happy with B8 and H&R springs on my E60, as I find it too low, hence, I'm thinking of B6, NOT the B8 for the F30.

2. tenno

tenno Club Guest

i guess your HR spring is lowered up to 30mm. If im not mistaken theres 2 type of lowered spring. One is up to 20mm and another one up to 30mm (refering to iebach sport spring). If you ok with adjustable one, can try B16 hehe....

3. pc8800

pc8800 Club Guest

Thanks, I've decided to go with a set of M-Sport springs, which will lower my F30 by 10mm (I do not want it lowered further)
    Paired with a set of Bilstein B6. They're on order, hopefully installation will be before the end of January.