Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing of Catalytic Converter

Dear all,

Intend to remove my catalytic converter becos got some "rattling sound" when rpm reaches 1,500 when slow moving traffic, can hear sound loud and irritating.

I realized that by removing the converter, I am contributing the harmful exhaust emissions to the enviroment. sorry Earth

Please advice any brothers/sisters who had done this b4 on their E39 and do it make any error reading.

thank u for your valuable comments/advices
    Last edited by kokwei9035; 30-06-2010, 10:23 AM.

do ur bit in saving the earth lah bro..

Comment

I am the one who damaging the Earth.

Did mine in an exhaust shop along Jalan Bukit Tengah [recommended by Happy Motor] 5 years ago.

No error code.
      FS: DVD/GPS headunit for BMW E46 E38 E39 E53 X5 E90 E92

Comment

Patutla Malaysia Global Warming hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by bmw7833 View Post
          I am the one who damaging the Earth.

Did mine in an exhaust shop along Jalan Bukit Tengah [recommended by Happy Motor] 5 years ago.

No error code.
          bro,

yeah, recommended by Happy Motor also. becos HAPPY suspecting catalytic converter damaged. furthermore, change to "ori" converter cost about 4k...

did yours also sound "rattling" at low rpm and remove the converter kills the problem??

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kokwei9035 View Post
            bro,

yeah, recommended by Happy Motor also. becos HAPPY suspecting catalytic converter damaged. furthermore, change to "ori" converter cost about 4k...

did yours also sound "rattling" at low rpm and remove the converter kills the problem??

thanks
            I changed them because of leakage. Initially plan to weld and seal the leakage but after pursued by Poh Aik and the boss in exhaust shop, then just go ahead to cut the converter.

Comment

bro,

can show pic where is the catalyic converter ? also i intend to remove the exhaust near the rear part ( there is 1 tank split to left and right 1). removing that will help my car to have more h/p ?

Comment

No HP will increase.

Comment

i heard for auto trans car, by removing the cat con it will make the car lose power...dunno true or not coz never test before...
                  SHIF

Comment

Originally posted by t2ribena View Post
                    i heard for auto trans car, by removing the cat con it will make the car lose power...dunno true or not coz never test before...
                    good morning t2,

i did done this b4 about 8years ago. removing the converter from my Waja. until now (the car almost 10years with me), the car still feel very powerful. only contributing harmful emissions to Mr. Earth

for the udm, mostly (mechanics/owners) says it feels a little bit more power becos once remove the converter, the exhaust flow direct to the end without any "blocking" feeling the same with my Waja.....

Comment

bro, mind to teach me how to upload photo. as my wxhaust system is different with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by sewell View Post
                        bro, mind to teach me how to upload photo. as my wxhaust system is different with yours.
                        I grab the pic from net, not my own car.

Check here for upload pic.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forum...ghlight=upload

Comment

my system is like this. and you can see from no 2 there spilt into 2. is it removing this will get batter acc ?

Comment

Originally posted by sewell View Post
                            my system is like this. and you can see from no 2 there spilt into 2. is it removing this will get batter acc ?
                            hi,

this is the same exhaust system for my UK spec, Japan spec also like this(520; 523; 525), and i believe the CKD also like this...don't know whether 530 is the same also...

Comment

my concern is which removing the split unit tank can my car get batter h/p or pick up. coz my 520 2.2 really need to do something to make it have a batter pick up

Comment

Working...
                              X