Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphard vs Estima vs Better Not Buy

Hi everybodi

I am thinking of getting either 2004 Alphard or 2004 Estima for the wife. Presently she is using the lousy tincan Toyota Avanza.

Any comments which mpv to get?

Alphard or Estima? Expensive to maintain? I heard that the Alphard 3 liter is a fuel Guzzler like the X5?

Initailly I was thinking of E60 520 for the wife. But after visiting 3 dealers incl na za, I found out 520 is not a good idea as it has engine issues known in this region and expensive to mantain. I have been pointed at the Estima or Alphard or even the Odyssey instead.

Any thoughts about the mpvs above?
    "HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL" starring SARAH PALIN

Alphard 2.4 VVTL-i

get the facelift front headlights, and rear hybrid lights.

check the doors (auto moving) for wear n tear.
    320i Sedan Titanium Silver (TiAg); Black Dakota Interior Package; Silver Aluminium Trim; 6 Speed Sequential; non-iDrive; BMW Professional Radio; Bi-Xenon; Type 158 17" with Continental ContiSportContact 2 225/45/17 RFT, Garmin SatNav, RikeCool

Comment

go for the harier
      Nothing is REAL , you only Watch

Comment

if your budget's around rm150kish, consider also the caldina gt4, honda stream rs, and the wish. really depends on what you're looking for.
        www.projectstingray.blogspot.com

Comment

big is better

Originally posted by moonraker View Post
          Hi everybodi

Alphard or Estima? Expensive to maintain? I heard that the Alphard 3 liter is a fuel Guzzler like the X5?

Initailly I was thinking of E60 520 for the wife. But after visiting 3 dealers incl na za, I found out 520 is not a good idea as it has engine issues known in this region and expensive to mantain. I have been pointed at the Estima or Alphard or even the Odyssey instead.

Any thoughts about the mpvs above?

Moonraker, Alphard ... better choice. Resale is stronger. Seems people who don want it be4 now want! Harrier2004 used to be cool (now no more lar) Driving the Alphard 2004 upwards is equally good. Roadholding is just as good! Estima later model- dashboards are futuristic.
          Only the Estima 2004 to 2005 drive more comfortably due to softer suspension.
          Last edited by slidetaker; 14-10-2008, 05:10 PM.

Comment

alphard bro alphard!!!

Comment

No, Alphard 2.4 drink more oil then 3.0l, my friend told me, don't buy 2.4l one, the car is under power and with bad fuel comsumption~!!!

Comment

what's the price now for Alphard 2.4? let say yr 2005? are they reliable?

Comment

2.4L and 3.0L big diff in price
                  320i Sedan Titanium Silver (TiAg); Black Dakota Interior Package; Silver Aluminium Trim; 6 Speed Sequential; non-iDrive; BMW Professional Radio; Bi-Xenon; Type 158 17" with Continental ContiSportContact 2 225/45/17 RFT, Garmin SatNav, RikeCool

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                    what's the price now for Alphard 2.4? let say yr 2005? are they reliable?
                    Bro, Alphard 2.4 year 05 price is between 170k-190k, however the price for 05 Alphard 3.0 is between 230k-260k depand on the spec~!!! In other hand, few of my friend who own alphard told me, no big problem for them until today, just some minor repair on the car, so I must said alphard is quite a reliable car~!!!

Comment

2009 New Alphard is out, this is meaner!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                        2009 New Alphard is out, this is meaner!

That one in your pic is a concept car lah~!!! New alphard pics~!!!

Comment

4 me .. women driven better Wish compares other 2 ... Estima n Alphard,

Comment

Cause of your choices, sorry but I just HAVE to ask. Haha. How big is your family bro? Those cars, I mean, vans can fit whole football team wei. =p Get your darling wife a z3. Hehe.
                            " Happiness is not around the corner. Happiness is the corner. "

Comment

I think 4 women better driven Wish compare other 2 big Head locomotiv...

Comment

Working...
                              X